22.1.13

Holiday heat, movies and mess!

What do I accredit my lack of blogging to?

It's now the 22nd of January - three weeks of not blogging, visiting, checking, commenting, and linking.

Instead - holiday mode kicked in BIG time... 

It's been Heat Wave HOT, so lots of movie time, reading, playing board games...





Random Art Journals created, and covered with collage...

Random journal pages created... collage, glue, blue pens, odd colours, thoughts, and scribblings...





Then one night, while doodling, and chatting with a friend around my new art bench ( pics to come!) this little gal arrived too!


We are a week away from getting back into routine with work and school.
But it will be a new routine.
1 off to Uni fulltime
1 back to work - and starting uni part-time
1 left at home with me - last four years of highschool
and me 
Although I've tried to plan the year, months, next week, today  - I've decided...
 

Sometimes the nicest things happen when you just chill out and relax...
 
(As I have little idea what day of the week it is, I am still to figure out who I'll link with!)

15 comments:

  1. Lots of happy art here. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I've been in much the same boat with a long break from blogging. The heat has been terrible and, of course, I lose track of days with my son on school holidays. I have enjoyed the holiday-mode this year. Great to see you've still been doing some art...very nice work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same thing here; my excuse for two weeks was rain, rain, rain. Now the rain has stopped. I'm trying to think up new excuses!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I'm following on GFC from Naptime review. I would love it if you'd follow back.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Journal pages are wonderful ~ very well illustrated and colorful ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ps ~ am following you on GFC ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the butterfly girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been way too hot to spend it in the studio... and summer is meant to be enjoyed I think... just a week until I get some peace and quiet, but I am thinking next week i will still be lying around in the pool and enjoying the freedom of a house to myself before I get back to it hugely... enjoy the last bit of freedom
    T xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your lady with her bright crown/hat of flowers. Enjoy the rest of your time with the kids, soon they all will flown from the nest full time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've chosen the word, Enough, as my word for 2013. It has been revealing itself a bit more each day. 2012 my word was Discipline. It would seem that I, too, am lacking Discipline when I compare my blogging in January with December, or November or all of 2012.

    In coming to know what Enough is about, I am finding that often I DO Enough but I don't THINK of it as Enough BEcause I am comparing. Even myself to myself!!

    I think Life comes in waves and sometimes the tide is out and the waters calm. I'm just glad to BE by the water!!!

    Love this lady and enJOY your holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. as Tracey said, enjoy the last bit of freedom and sanity. Love the colourful art you've made, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that sometimes a break from our art can give us fuel for more art later. Since my word for the year is "Relax" I am trying myself to realize that sometimes we just have to let "life" be. Your journal pages are wonderful, and your new lady very jaunty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your lady would look right at home at Ascot's Ladies Day :0) Mo

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is gorgeous, and I love her opulent hair piece. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Everyone! Just dropping in and see I've missed seeing your lovely comments! I promise I'll be getting back to write a post later this arvie (that's aussie slang for afternoon!) xo L.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I read them all, and I will do my best to reply to you here! xo L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...