9.5.11

Taking Flight

Untitled mixed media (23cm x 30cm).
I havn't thought of a title for this new creation.  She looks a little pensive?  Maybe that's how I feel, as I start to take seriously what I do with my day, how I create art,  and what form it will take.   Or maybe it's a reflection of the rainy day we are having!   I am pleased with the results overall, and it was one of the workshops in the Book Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts.    I learnt a few new techniques with this, including using acrylics thickly, then sanded, for the face.

Having finished this however, I really feel that although learning new techniques is great, I need to be mindful of developing my own style.  That will be part of 'thinking' big... believing that I have a style that can be developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I read them all, and I will do my best to reply to you here! xo L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...