11.5.11

Simplicity




Some of the harvest from my garden this morning.  Eggplants, okra, chilli, capsicum, pawpaw, and our very first mandarins - so sweet and super juicy!   There is something very therapeutic about being in the garden, pulling a few weeds, a little pruning of things that are finishing, planting a few more carrot and kohl rabi, and pea seeds, while enjoying the sunshine on a cooler autumn morning.    I was able to coax my youngest to come out of her sick room and sit in the sun.  She looked at flowers, investigated new plants, and pulled a few weeds.   I am struck by the simplicity of living - my needs are basic - fresh air, water, a space for a garden, a time for creativity, a chair for finishing a great book, fulfilling friendships... and I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I read them all, and I will do my best to reply to you here! xo L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...