We planted purple carrots last weekend - at the start of the holidays... and then I saw purple in lots of places... The flowers in the kitchen I had bought last week
.... and the beetroot leaves ( also newly planted)...
And in the pastels... which I hoped to get into...
I honestly thought, intended and planned to actually paint a portrait ( purple optional) for todays entry specifically for PPF... but no, instead I wanted a sleep!
We had a HUGE day out on the coast yesterday, then got in traffic returning from the coast to the city, and then got caught in the mega huge traffic jam resulting from a car accident on the highway... which meant we didn't get home until after 8.30pm, exhausted. -->
However, today still had promise, and I had planned a nap after lunch, with ample time left to collect my thoughts, and find a suitable brush to start waving around.
- I discovered, my eldest, dear cherub, had NOT
finished her uni application
- It is due today.
- The computer wouldn't work.
- Yes it's all online.
- and SHE was 5 mins late for work....
6. SO. Being the good mother that I am, I sacrificed my cosy afternoons, much needed rejuvenating power nap.
7. And instead spent 2 hours fighting with the computer.8. But success was had, after finishing the section she hadn't completed. ( why can't teens look properly?) I made the lodgement in time.9. Well we did. My dear Husband helped.Probably just as well or I may have fallen comatose over the computer, and inadvertantly changed her first preference to Bachelor of Toe Nail Trimming. Would have served her right.( I was rather tired and cranky by now - can you tell?)10. we Saved her $60 in late fees.11. Which, I am rather smug about. She now owes me big time.
Someone has to pay for my lost nap.
I then had my power nap. But it just wasn't the same. And I didn't have time to get out the oil paints either. Pout pout.
But I did do this little watercolour....in her memory... and...
in honour of mothers everywhere, calming purpleness, and PPF (Paint Party Friday)
(Love your comments!)