4.5.11

I Love old TV Chairs

I just love old TV chairs.  When ever I go to my favourite 2nd hand store, I always look at the chairs first.  When I saw this one I couldn't resist.  My Latest 'find' is, I think, probably late 1960's or  early 1970's.  When you lean into the back it reclines.  The varnish is original, with only a few marks, and it is possible it has been re-covered - although could be original too.  I can't see any manufacturers marks, but looks to me like maybe a Don Rex.  Don Rex was a furniture manufacturer in Brisbane who made higher end furniture, often copying from Danish design.    When you can pick up something like this for $10, why buy new?  Eventually I may have re-covered, but currently enjoying the shabby chic look, and the no stress that the kids might spill something on it.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. it's YOU. Gentle & arty & original & folksy. Keep it up.
    Mum xx

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! I read them all, and I will do my best to reply to you here! xo L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...