29.4.12

Transparency - what we have







Almost finished this I think... a new work.  It is on recycled circular ply (46cm across) and has: collage background, pastels, acrylics, texture medium, pencil, graphite.   The support came from Reverse Garbage, and even some of the collage elements included torn parts of their brochure!
Inspired by the theme "Cycles of Life: A window opens" (being used as the theme in an Art exhibition I was thinking of entering), and the collage elements that had been used. 
This style is more within my comfort zone.  After feeling like I had completely failed the other morning after struggling with a small, icky, too rough paper, too chuncky pastel, difficult face portrait, it is nice to sit back and feel a certain sense of accomplishment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! I read them all, and I will do my best to reply to you here! xo L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...