Been there, Done That...
|Been there, done that. Mixed media on arche watercolour paper. 8 x 10"|
1. Travelled the world ( in my dreams)
2. Born in Darwin, Australia
3. Married - twice
4. Children - 2+ - Yours, mine and 'ours' - done the whole step mother thing. Not Fun.
5. Got my teachers degree, external, whilst also being mum
6. Homeschooled 1 child right through 5 years of highschool ( and 1 to go!)
7. Raised chickens, hatched chicks, watched puppies and kittens grow, kept a vege garden
8. Sourdough Queen - bread, waffles, pancakes, brioche... you name it!
9. Jumped off a creek ledge into a crystal clear, sparkling rainforest pool
10. Said I'd never get another pet. ever. 2 dogs, and 2 cats later... I still mean it! :-)
11. Seen: KISS, Elton John, Billy Joel, U2, Midnight Oil ( Aussie band) in concert
edit: added just now...
A thought about getting it 'right'. SOMEWHERE today, I was reading someones blog - but for the life of me I can't rememebr who, where, or what (sorry) but the gist of it all was: don't stress the small stuff, don't wait till everything is perfect, ideal, the stars all in allignment, etc... just do it. Whatever 'it' might be... and in relation to art - don't worry that what you create is not perfect, creative, be free, make a mark, play and experiment. That is just what I've been doing.. and I've never enjoyed myself more; or been more happy with the results. Now I KNOW these are not perfect. But they were not supposed to be. I know the eyes are wonky, etc etc (I'm not going to list all the perceived faults I see)... but hey - go look at Modigliani's eyes, or Picasso's faces... it really doesn't matter.
Wonkyness = character. It speaks of who you, and I, am as an artist. Our expressive brushmark. I hope my left side brain is listening to me!
Final thought: Be kind to your art.
|Untitled. Mixed media. slightly larger, shown matted to 8 x 10 in 11 x 14" frame.|
Both works available for purchase, contact me for details.
Start of New Watercolour 1st post here
To find out why I started Watercolour Splash - read it here
A big shout out to Aimee @ List it Tuesday
Leah @ AEDM: Creative Every Day